Mid Weight Web Designer / Front -end Developer
Who are we?
Wots the Big Idea (WTBI) are a small dynamic digital agency that provides focused strategic insight, immersive user experiences through strategy, design & development.
We come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences proving to be a perfect mix; of passionate, clever, creative individuals who pride ourselves on delivering integrated marketing solutions for our clients. We are currently looking to recruit a Mid-Weight Web Designer / Front-end Developer. With-in this role you would be required to work on both design creation and front-end development tasks. It would be likely that you would be working on the complete offering stack the company produces including brand focused e-commerce and content managed brand experiential’s.
Strong communication skills are essential as is a genuine desire to create the highest quality builds. Being a team player is must as is a willingness to mentor other team members and to be client facing where required.
As the Web Designer / Front-end Developer you’ll be able to demonstrate:
- Commercial web design and developer experience
- A modern design/development toolkit
- Adobe XD – for web design
- OmniGraffle – User Journeys, Site maps and UX
- Photoshop – to handle graphic creation
- GIT as source control (or similar)
- Understanding of task runners such as Gulp
As the Web Designer / Front-end Developer your responsibilities:
- Front and Back End development across all projects within the studio
- Design in a responsive framework – Twitter Bootstrap or similar.
- Look at ways to improve the visitor journey from a technical and creative perspective
- Ensure high front-end performance
- Work towards a high-standard look and feel of the website as a whole
- Work closely with the wider Team to develop the best possible solutions
- Input into the on-going improvement of processes and development approaches
As the Web Designer / Front-end Developer alongside a competitive salary the company offer:
- A dress down environment
- Friendly, inclusive working environment
- A modern development toolkit
- Flexible working pattern around core hours of 9am – 5pm
- Company pension
- Free office snacks, tea and coffee
- A social calendar if you want to take part and join some of the other team members down the pub
Salary: Up to £32000 dependant on experience
Location: Corby, Northamptonshire.